Hidden Cotswolds: Past Glories & Forgotten Stories
Our 'Hidden Cotswolds: Past Glories & Forgotten Stories' experience is a Cotswolds experience unlike any other.
We want our guests to experience the Cotswolds the way us locals do. Our 'Hidden Cotswolds' tour been carefully designed to provide world-curious, discerning travelers the opportunity to really experience and connect with the landscapes, history, people and places that make the Cotswolds unique. Escape the tourist throngs and, in a small group of eight or fewer guests, travel deep into the 'hidden' Cotswolds, away from the over-run tourist honey-pots to places that really do evoke the Cotswolds you imagine.
Connect with the incredible story of England's birth and explore a quiet, ancient town that was once at the heart of England's history for over a 1000 years yet today quietly sits alone on its hillside - a relic to times gone by. Uncover the lives of kings, saints, writers and pioneers. Immerse yourself in the best of English hospitality and cuisine with coffee at the oldest hotel in England (dating back to the 1200s), and lunch at a postcard-picture country pub, frequented by locals (and a few Royals) who prefer to keep its virtues to themselves. Venture down tiny country roads to find yourself surrounded by stunning countryside and watched by wary sheep as we pass through sleepy villages, over hills and past ancient cottages. Enjoy tea in the romantic gardens of a grand country house. Explore forgotten villages and enjoy a short walk alongside a tinkling brook in the Cotswolds countryside, surrounded by the sounds of chirping birds, the gallop of horses and the bleeting of sheep. We want our guests to spend their time with immersed in the experience, therefore everything is included in the price... Morning coffee or tea in England's oldest hotel. A guided tour of several unique and special locations, told by a master storyteller and guide. A fabulous pre-booked lunch (with a beverage of your choice included), a visit to several charming, Cotswolds villages finishing with a visit to the gardens of a grand country house to end the afternoon with surrounded by flowers in a 100-year-old greenhouse.
Join us on a journey into authentic, hidden England and experience much more than you could have imagined.
Check out our reviews...
Book 2, 3 or 4 tours and enjoy a 5%, 7.5% or 10% discount!
Around & About Bath's tours are unique - some guests have described them as 'magical'. We're happy with that!
Our tours are much more than a 'tour'. We create personalized, immersive experiences for world-curious, discerning travelers looking to connect with authentic, hidden England.
As locals, we know the Bath region like no-one else. Each tour is a little like a work of art: Every aspect is carefully researched and designed to allow our guests to connect with the history, stories, experiences, places and people that make make England special. Each tour is a collection of experiences that most visitors hope to find, but few actually encounter.
Every part of every tour is designed to thrill and enthrall, and we deliberately don't tell you everything about where go, what we do and what you'll experience. The mystery and the discovery is part of the magic.
Allow our warm, passionate and knowledgable guides to get to know you over the course of a day as they take you on a journey that will immerse you in 'England'.
Get off the beaten track and away from the tourist throngs to travel through pristine countryside, sleepy towns and picture-postcard scenes. Discover forgotten stories, hidden gems, and outstanding food and drink. Connect with locals, other travelers, the landscape and the past, and leave with memories you'll never forget.
- We collect and return you to your Bath accommodation or any central location. - This experience avoids the well-known Cotswolds locations that most tourists have heard of, to focus on the small, intimate and magical places we know that really tell a story and give guests a real sense of what makes our region special. - You'll travel in a small group of eight or fewer guests, in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle with complimentary water arm-rests and large windows.
- Our tour will include journeys through stunning Cotswolds scenery, ancient villages, down country lanes, past curious sheep and quaint cottages.
- Explore an ancient, historic town and discover its history at the heart of the birth of England.
- Explore a grand house's country garden and enjoy afternoon tea surrounded by flowers and its world-famous variety of...?
- Discover the stories behind a number of picture-perfect Cotswolds villages and admire the stone houses, ancient churches, and bubbling streams.
- Admire an isolated 1000-year-old church tucked away deep in the countryside, untouched for generations and discover its surprising connection with a well-known early 20th-century writer.
- Enjoy a magnificent English lunch at an award-winning traditional family-owned country pub (with a beverage of your choice included).
- Connect to the area, its past and your fellow travellers, facilitated by the care, attention and story-telling skills of your knowledgeable driver-guide.
-- Enjoy a relaxed tea in the afternoon at a stunning location, before heading back to Bath to enjoy the evening.
Things you should know
As this tour is conducted in English, fluency in English is recommended. Other languages can be accommodated at extra cost. Contact us for details. Unfortunately, this tour is not suitable for children under 12 and sadly, we cannot accommodate wheelchair users. Guests are expected to have a reasonable level of fitness as some limited walking is required (no more than 500m at a time). Please note that tours require a minimum of two guests in order to run. We're so confident you will have an amazing day that we promise to refund 50% of your tour price if you are less than satisfied. Book now and experience quintessential England at its very best.