Hidden Cotswolds: Past Glories & Forgotten Stories
Experience the beauty, tranquillity and history of the Cotswolds on a journey that ventures deep into its hidden places and stories.
Venture beyond the typical tourist treadmill as one of a handful of travellers led by an engaging local guide, on a journey that takes you deep into the beautiful Cotswolds to discover its history, places, people and experiences; away from the coaches and crowds.
Explore an ancient hilltop town that was at the heart of the story of England for over ten centuries. Learn of once mighty kings and great saints whilst enjoying coffee in England’s oldest hotel. Journey down wooded country lanes, across valleys, over hills and past ancient thatched cottages to walk amongst several charming and intimate Cotswolds villages, meeting nobody but locals, sheep and maybe a horse or two. Enjoy a fabulous lunch amidst the locals at a tucked away picture-postcard pub before spending a leisurely afternoon exploring towns and hidden gems, enjoying tea with friends before returning to Bath.
Escape the crowds, create timeless memories, and immerse yourself in authentic England...
Our tours are much more than a 'tour'. We create personalized, immersive experiences for world-curious, discerning travelers looking to connect with authentic, hidden England.
As locals, we know the Bath region like no-one else. Each tour is a little like a work of art: Every aspect is carefully researched and designed to allow our guests to connect with the history, stories, experiences, places and people that make make England special. Each tour is a collection of experiences that most visitors hope to find, but few actually encounter.
Every part of every tour is designed to thrill and enthrall, and we deliberately don't tell you everything about where go, what we do and what you'll experience. The mystery and the discovery is part of the magic.
Allow our warm, passionate and knowledgable guides to get to know you over the course of a day as they take you on a journey that will immerse you in 'England'.
Get off the beaten track and away from the tourist throngs to travel through pristine countryside, sleepy towns and picture-postcard scenes. Discover forgotten stories, hidden gems, and outstanding food and drink. Connect with locals, other travelers, the landscape and the past, and leave with memories you'll never forget.
- We collect and return you to your Bath accommodation or any central location. - This experience avoids the well-known Cotswolds locations that most tourists have heard of, to focus on the small, intimate and magical places we know that really tell a story and give guests a real sense of what makes our region special. - You'll travel in a small group of eight or fewer guests, in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle with complimentary water arm-rests and large windows.
- Our tour will include journeys through stunning Cotswolds scenery, ancient villages, down country lanes, past curious sheep and quaint cottages.
- Explore an ancient, historic town and discover its history at the heart of the birth of England.
- Explore a grand house's country garden and enjoy afternoon tea surrounded by flowers and its world-famous variety of...?
- Discover the stories behind a number of picture-perfect Cotswolds villages and admire the stone houses, ancient churches, and bubbling streams.
- Admire an isolated 1000-year-old church tucked away deep in the countryside, untouched for generations and discover its surprising connection with a well-known early 20th-century writer.
- Enjoy a magnificent English lunch at an award-winning traditional family-owned country pub (with a beverage of your choice included).
- Connect to the area, its past and your fellow travellers, facilitated by the care, attention and story-telling skills of your knowledgeable driver-guide.
-- Enjoy a relaxed tea in the afternoon at a stunning location, before heading back to Bath to enjoy the evening.
Things you should know
As this tour is conducted in English, fluency in English is recommended. Other languages can be accommodated at extra cost. Contact us for details. Unfortunately, this tour is not suitable for children under 12 and sadly, we cannot accommodate wheelchair users. Guests are expected to have a reasonable level of fitness as some limited walking is required (no more than 500m at a time). Please note that tours require a minimum of two guests in order to run. We're so confident you will have an amazing day that we promise to refund 50% of your tour price if you are less than satisfied. Book now and experience quintessential England at its very best.