Historic Pubs, Mining & Dining
Experience the best and breadth of quintessential English inns, pubs, food, drink and our intriguing past on this unique experience that takes you out of Bath and into the local area for an evening of stories, brews and the most amazing fine dining you’ll find anyway in the Bath region.
Venture beyond the typical tourist treadmill as one of a handful of travellers led by an engaging local guide, on a journey that Sample local beers and enjoy award-winning local cuisine as you visit three different pubs and discover the unique history behind each one. Hear the tales of Victorian engineers, rough miners and tougher landladies. Hear of a government nuclear secret so important, most locals are still unaware of its presence today. Enjoy outstanding countryside views, drinks amongst locals and enjoy a full three-course meal at a national award-winning restaurant. Finish the evening with a final night-cap at a truly unique drinking hole before returning to Bath.
Escape the crowds, create timeless memories, and immerse yourself in authentic England...
We promise you one of the best travel experiences you'll ever have or half your tour cost back!
- 3-course dinner at a 1700s coaching inn.
- Complimentary drink of your choice at our first stop.
- Beguiling stories of past inhabitants and hidden history, including the British government's greatest secret of the last 100 years.
- A visit to three local pubs of contrasting character.
-- Discover the history and characters of the area and enjoy some of the most beguiling local stories.
- Accompanied by a knowledgeable, friendly, local tour-guide
- 9-seat vehicle with wide, comfortable seats, air-conditioning and large, tinted windows.
- A unique and personal experience of quintessential England
Things to consider...
As this tour is conducted in English, fluency in English is recommended. Other languages can be accommodated but attract a sur-charge. Contact us for details. Due to the focus on story-telling, this tour is not recommended for children under 10 and sadly, we cannot accommodate wheelchair users. Guests are expected to have a reasonable level of fitness as some limited walking is required (no more than 500m at a time). Please note that tours require a minimum of two guests in order to run.