Historic Inns, Mining & Dining
Enjoy stunning gourmet dining, laughter and local stories at one of the most atmospheric medieval inns in England.
Experience the best and breadth of quintessential English inns, pubs, food, drink and our intriguing past on this unique experience that takes you out of Bath and into the local area for an evening of stories, brews and the most amazing fine dining you’ll find anywhere in the Bath region.
Venture beyond the typical tourist treadmill as one of a handful of travellers led by an engaging local guide, on a journey that will include sampling local beer, enjoying award-winning local cuisine and truly remarkable stories as you visit three different pubs and discover each one's intriguing past. Hear tales of Victorian engineers, rough miners and tougher land-ladies. Hear of a government nuclear secret so important, most locals are still unaware of it today. Enjoy outstanding countryside views, drinks among locals and enjoy a full three-course meal at a national award-winning restaurant. Finish the evening with a final night-cap at a truly unique drinking hole before returning to Bath. Escape the crowds, create timeless memories, and immerse yourself in authentic England...
We promise you one of the best travel experiences you'll ever have or half your tour cost back!
- 3-course dinner at a 1700s coaching inn.
- Complimentary drink of your choice at our first stop.
- Beguiling stories of past inhabitants and hidden history, including the British government's greatest secret of the last 100 years.
- A visit to three local pubs of contrasting character.
-- Discover the history and characters of the area and enjoy some of the most beguiling local stories.
- Accompanied by a knowledgeable, friendly, local tour-guide
- 9-seat vehicle with wide, comfortable seats, air-conditioning and large, tinted windows.
- A unique and personal experience of quintessential England
Things to consider
This tour is conducted in English, but we also speak Spanish, German, Indian & Romanian. Contact us for details. Due to the in-depth nature of this experience, we do not encourage children under 12, but can accommodate them with prior agreement. Some limited walking is required (no more than 500m at a time) & unfortunately, we cannot accommodate wheelchair users. This tour requires a minimum of two guests in order to run.