Bishops, Cathedrals & Boutique Shopping
Encounter the best of medieval & modern England: Cuisine, Cathedrals, Countryside & Designer Shopping...
Embark on a journey of discoveries, experiences & possibly a few discounts... Encounter the remarkable medieval city of Wells accompanied by a passionate, knowledgeable insider.
Experience the splendor of its stunning 12th-century Cathedral & ruined Bishop's Palace. Browse the town's boutique shops & markets before heading into the countryside for a fabulous lunch at a tucked away inn.
Spend the afternoon indulging in a little retail therapy, browsing Mulberry & the other designer stores set in the Victorian era mills of Kilver Court, breaking for hot drinks & relaxed chat before heading home with unique gifts & unforgettable memories.
Each one is a personalised, intimate, in-depth journey of discovery into our local region that shares the very best of our landscapes, places, stories, food, drink, culture & crafts, away from the crowds.
We deliberately don't share all the details... The discoveries & reveals are part of the magic.
Our guides are also pretty special. They are passionate, intelligent, engaging locals who'll get to know you & tailor the experience to you so that you can relax & 'immerse' yourself in authentic England.
- Explore Wells, one of Englands most stunning medieval gems...
- Enjoy a personal guided tour of Wells Cathedral & the Walled Bishop's Palace next door..
- Enjoy a stunning lunch at a fabulous location...
- Spend the afternoon casually browsing the designer outlets at Kilver Court...
- Enjoy a hot drink, share tales of bargain finds and chat amongst friends over coffee or mulled wine before heading back to Bath...
This will be the Highlight of your Trip. Guaranteed.
- Pick up & Return to your central Bath location.
- Incredible lunch in a beautiful country inn, with drink.
- Personal, in-depth insider's perspective into several historic & hidden locations.
- Free time to browse and explore on your own.
- Afternoon drinks and mince pies.
- A relaxed, unhurried experience with like-minded travellers & a friendly, engaging guide.
- Travel in a luxury 9-seat vehicle with wide seats, air-conditioning and large, tinted windows.
Please note that due to need to keep to schedule, we are unable to wait for late arrivals if we've not been given prior notice of the delay.
Please be ready for collection at the agreed time Tours typically return to Bath between 4.45pm and 5.15pm.
Things to consider
This tour is conducted in English, but we also speak Spanish, German, Indian & Romanian. Contact us for details. We welcome solo travellers, however, Private Bookings require a minimum of two guests...
Due to the in-depth nature of this experience, we ask those with children under 12 get in touch before booking. Some limited walking is required (no more than 500m at a time), and we can accommodate those with limited mobility but sadly not wheelchair users currently.