Stonehenge & Secret Somerset in Winter
Encounter Stonehenge with a local expert, then venture into Authentic England: Hot drinks by the fire, cobbled streets & more...
Escape the generic tourist experience & audio guides for a personal encounter with Stonehenge before venturing into undiscovered England.
As one of eight or fewer adventurers, unearth the secrets of the stones with a local expert. Enjoy free time to admire the stones before leaving the tourists behind for a journey into authentic England to discover spectacular landscapes, places, stories, dining & shopping. - untouched by tourism.
Travel down narrow country lanes past lush scenery & sleepy settlements to enjoy a fabulous lunch amongst the locals at an ancient English inn.
Spend the afternoon walking down medieval cobbled streets exploring boutique shops & local galleries, before heading deep into the countryside to enjoy hot drinks & dark tales by the fireplace of a 700-year-old medieval inn...
"Stonehenge may be the hook for this fantastic tour - But it is the more off the beaten track locations & stories that make this tour truly memorable.
We won't spoil it by revealing the secrets but you will never have experienced a day like this. The people and places that feature are interesting and unusual in their own right, but the real USP of this tour is the guide & the unique approach... Great experience; great value. Don't miss it!"
Each one is a personalised, intimate, in-depth journey of discovery into our local region that shares the very best of our landscapes, places, stories, food, drink, culture & crafts, away from the crowds.
We deliberately don't share all the details... The discoveries & reveals are part of the magic.
Our guides are also pretty special. They are passionate, intelligent, engaging locals who'll get to know you & tailor the experience to you so that you can relax & 'immerse' yourself in authentic England.
This will be the Highlight of your Trip. Guaranteed. - You'll be one of 2-8 guests.
- We'll collect & return you from your central Bath location
- All costs are included - including a fabulous local lunch!
- Your guide will be a
friendly, inquisitive, knowledgeable local.
- Our tours are like chocolate boxes - a mix of everything. This tour includes nature, history, ancient buildings, tiny settlements, towns & maybe a garden...
- We go way beyond the usual experience. Expect much more meaningful discussions & insights into our region..
- Pick up & Return to your central Bath location.
- Incredible lunch in a beautiful country inn, with drink.
- Afternoon tea in a hidden garden or medieval inn.
- A personal, in-depth tour of Stonehenge & several stunning, hidden gems.
- A journey into local countryside to see places & things other visitors miss.
- Led by a warm, talented local guide.
- Travel in a luxury 9-seat vehicle with wide seats, air-conditioning and large, tinted windows.
Things to consider
This tour is conducted in English, but we also speak Spanish, German, Indian & Romanian. Contact us for details. We are Solo Traveller friendly & welcome solo bookings, however, Private Bookings require a minimum of two guests...
Due to the in-depth nature of this experience, we ask those with children under 12 get in touch before booking. Some limited walking is required (no more than 500m at a time), and we can accommodate those with limited mobility but sadly not wheelchair users currently.